Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What's in Your Closet?

The last few weeks I have been cleaning out my old room at home, trying to figure out what has to go & what I can't live without. It is amazing how much stuff you can accumulate growing up. I'm pretty sure my 8th grade dance dress doesn't fit anymore. I'm also pretty sure that a perrywinkle, sparkly party dress & black chunk wedges are far beyond out of style. Seriously, what was I thinking? This picture is only a fraction of the damage...

Tonight Danny is going to be speaking at the VSU Campus Outreach meeting about adversity. The past year has been a trying one with so many changes. I often have a hard time keeping up with myself. Ever since graduation life has been one big transition & I'm wondering when that settling point comes. I'm excited because at the end of his talk Danny & I are both going to share from our own experiences of life post grad, its victories & failures. It has been rewarding to think about what I want to share because I am convinced, completely convinced I know Jesus better through the struggles since last May. It is a challenge to live the Christian life apart from a core group & apart from accountability (in studying your Bible, in prayer, in your personal life, in being diligent). I have been studying Job the past month & his attitude towards real loss is phenominal. In the midst of real pain & suffering he never curses God. Although he responds with emotion, he never reacts, or takes immediate action as a result of his emotion. That is so different than how I think of things. Adversity no doubt exposes your foundation or your foundational cracks. The beauty of it is seeing a true need & a true love for the body of Christ, for the Bible, & finally desiring to be in God's place at His pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment